Sometimes I feel like I could just write an entire blog about how weird my freaking husband is. I mean, I already wrote an entire post dedicated to how weird I am…so why not?
My husband likes to eat, don’t get me wrong. But that boy is the pickiest non-picky eater I’ve ever met in my life. Here is some weird shit about the way my husband eats:
- As I’ve mentioned many times, he won’t eat ANY meal unless there is meat involved (exception: dessert). See #2
- He has to eat dessert (or at least something sweet) after every meal.
- He often won’t eat certain foods because they “sound weird” (example: artichokes).
- He can eat an entire pie, cake, or streusel in one sitting. See #2
- Anything I make that is “different” (meaning it’s not on the kids menu at a Applebee’s) he is typically hesitant over.
- He loves food that he can mix together in a giant bowl and eat with a spoon. See #8
- He hates having to work for his food (peeling shrimp, cracking crab legs, etc.)
- He eats cereal every day.
- His favorite food is a hotdog.
- He loves Thai food and Chinese food but hates peanuts and ginger
First, I know that he’s never had or heard of Thai Chicken Enchiladas and therefore the meal was considered a “different” kind of recipe (See #5). Second, I knew since “Thai” was in the name that he would automatically assume I was using peanuts or ginger in some way (See #10).
While the original recipe calls for peanuts, I opted out because my husband is a wiener face I love my husband. Also, when I texted him to let him know what I was making…I immediately put any of his fears to rest:
Me: Made Thai chicken enchiladas. Don’t worry…no ginger or peanuts.
Him: Yay yay yay
All is well. And I know when he tastes these bad boys, he will never be hesitant about them again. And I WILL be making these again. Because they are the bomb nizzle (technical term).
Do you or someone you love have a weird “food rule”?